Call 01403 241390 to make an appointment
Dermaplaining from £179*
Dermaplaning is a safe, effective way to rejuvenate the overall health and appearance of the skin.
It is non-invasive, easy, fast and painless approach to help your skin stay refreshed and youthful.
Dermaplaning is a fancy word for shaving off the top layer of your face with a sterile surgical scalpel. But don’t worry, it is not as scary as it sounds.
Dermaplaning gently shaves the skin surface, removing the top-most layer of dead skin cells along with “fuzzy hairs” on your face. This hair can trap dirt and oil causing breakouts and dull complexion.
After you undergo the procedure, you will find that your face will be smoother and your skin will look fresh.
Some people prefer to get a dermaplaning procedure done just before a chemical peel.
Alternatively, you can get it as a standalone procedure.
Whichever one you choose, you will be happy with the results a dermaplaning procedure delivers.
Call Us to Book Your Dermaplaining Treatment Now!
Summary of Your Treatment
Treatment Time: 40-60 minutes
Back To Work: Immediately
Recovery Time: Immediate
Recommended Number of Treatments: monthly
- Remove dead skin cells
- Minimise old skin scars from acne or sun damage
- Smooth your skin, removing fine hairs
- Reduce the visibility of large pores or skin pigment variation, your skin will be brighter and take on a special glow after dermaplaning.
- Release clogged pores and encouraging your skin to produce new skin cells and collagen for more youthful appearance.
- Non-invasive and so unlike many other procedures, your skin is not harmed or traumatized in any way.
- If you wear makeup, you will find that your makeup will go on smoothly and you will not see blotches and uneven patches of skin
- No chemicals are used so there is no “downtime”.
- Increase the effectiveness of acne treatments
This one is not a benefit but we can assure you that once you try dermaplaning, you will want to have it done again and again!
- We strongly advise that you use a foundation or cream with SPF 30 or above. This will protect the skin during the regeneration phase.
- For optimum results, we recommend that you apply our recomended skincare twice a day (morning and night).
- Do not scratch, rub or stimulate theskin immediately post treatment. Your skin may feel tighter, this is one of the indications that the treatment is working.
- Leave the treatment to absorb into the skin for at least 2 hours before applying makeup. If you need to apply makeup, it is advisable to wear a mineral makeup, and to ensure that makeup brushes are clean.
- Make sure youe bed has a clean pillowcase.
- Leave the area to absorb the product overnight and continue with your usual beauty regime the following day. If you have to remove makeup, please gently use warm water only on the areas that have been treated.
- You may experience slight peeling. This can be gently rubbed away with a soft, damp cloth or cotton pads.
- Contact your technician if the redness persists and does not subside beyond 4-6 hours.
- Do not use sunbed or sunbathe for 7-10 days following the treatment and then always use sunblock.
- Do not use a sauna, steamroom or undertake rigorous exercise for 48 hours post treatment. This may cause the products to leave the skin at an accelerated rate, which will effect the result.
It is recommended for optimal results, treatments should be done monthly.
Things to consider
- Dermaplaning treatment takes 40-60 minutes depending on how bespoke it is (e.g. with or without peel).
- You need to follow the aftercare advice above.
- You must be well on the day of the treatment and make your technician aware of any medications you are currently taking.
- If you have any concerns about allergies, we recommend a patch test prior to the treatment.
- This treatment is not suitable for pregnant or breast feeding.
Frequently Asked Questions
- You will require to complete a medical history and consent form.
- At the end of your treatment, you may see slight redness. This is normal and will reduce within a couple of hours.
- There is a home care product range which we recommend you to purchase from your technician to complement the treatment